- About us
- Health information
- Peer support
- HIV services
- Positive speakers
- Research & Evaluation
About Positive Life NSW
Positive Life NSW is a non-profit community organisation incorporated on 21 July 1989 as PLWHA NSW. We changed our name to Positive Life NSW on 15 February 2008.
Positive Life NSW works to promote a positive image of people living with and affected by HIV with the aim of eliminating prejudice, isolation, stigmatisation and discrimination. We provide information and targeted referrals, and advocate to change systems and practices that discriminate against people with HIV, their friends, family and carers in NSW.
Our aims and objectives are:
- To empower people living with HIV in NSW with information, referral and advice on all relevant issues; in particular health promotion information and matters dealing with life issues.
- To advocate on behalf of people living with HIV and lobby government, business and non-government organisations about issues of concern to people living with HIV, with the aim of ensuring optimum wellbeing, care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS, their partners, family members and significant others.
- To promote a positive image of people living with and affected by HIV, with the aim of eliminating prejudice, isolation, stigmatisation and discrimination.
- To work closely with the HIV-specific and mainstream health and community sectors and other relevant organisations in the pursuit of these objectives.
- To receive donations, grants and bequests from persons and institutions including governments and to engage in such fundraising activities as may achieve the objectives of the Association.
For more information please contact us or call 02 9206 2177 or 1800 245 677 (freecall).
Executive Officer: Sonny Williams
Senior Project Officer – Social Marketing & Education: Kathy Triffitt
Senior Project Officer - Positive Speakers Bureau José Machado
Senior Project Officer – Communications: Jonathon Street
Senior Project Officer – Peer Support: Hédimo Santana
Senior Project Officer – Systemic Advocacy: Lance Feeney
Administration: Harry Richardson
Positive Life NSW is a membership organisation with an elected board of directors. An executive officer manages the organisation in conjunction with the board. The board’s primary role is to set and monitor the organisation’s strategic direction and budget. Read more about our board.
Full membership is open to any person with HIV in NSW, while associate membership is open to NSW residents affected by HIV. Find more information on becoming a member or our Constitution of the Association.
Positive Life NSW receives recurrent funding as a three-year NGO Grant through the Population Health Services (AIDS) Program of NSW Ministry of Health.
|Positive Life NSW Organisational Brochure||228.18 KB|