- About us
- Health information
- Peer support
- HIV services
- Positive speakers
- Research & Evaluation
Positive Life NSW is committed to ensuring comments between our readers and staff remain polite and on topic at all times. We respect your right to express your opinion and ask that you respect each other.
We moderate all comments before they are published to make sure they meet our guidelines and create a supportive environment.
Comments that breach our Dos and Don’ts will not be published. We will not tolerate homophobic, racist, sexist, threatening, abusive or other offensive language or comments about another person’s HIV or other health status.
How can I comment?
You can comment on an article by filling in the Comment box at the bottom of the page. You will need to provide your email address and complete the CAPTCHA verification. This helps us ensure comments are genuine and prevents spam.
Click the Preview comment button to review your comment before submitting it. This will show your comment as it will appear on the site and gives you a chance to make any changes before posting it.
When you are satisfied with your comment, enter the CAPTCHA verification code and click the Post comment button.
Your comment will be queued for moderation before being published.
How are comments moderated?
Comments are queued on our website for review by the website editor. The editor reads all comments to make sure they meet our guidelines before publishing the comments to our site.
Comments may be edited for length or breach of our guidelines. If you have any questions, please contact the editor.
A few guidelines
We have a few guidelines to make sure that our readers are comfortable and can share their thoughts, ask questions and feel connected to the wider community of readers and contributors.
All comments are welcome, but we reserve the right to edit or reject any post that breaches our dos and don’ts.
- Be polite and respectful
- Share your opinion about the topic or tell us about your personal experience
- Ask questions if you want more information
- Suggest additional information or resources that have helped you and may help other readers
- Offer support or congratulations
- Offer constructive criticism – tell us how we (or a service/program) can improve
- Clarify mistakes or omissions
- Stray from the topic
- Include excerpts from other sources – we want your own thoughts
- Use homophobic, racist, sexist, threatening, abusive or other offensive language
- Discuss or disclose another person’s HIV or other health status
- Use comments for personal attacks, bullying or intimidation or to make unsubstantiated or defamatory claims against individuals or organisations
- Post spam, press releases or commercial promotions
- Encourage illegal activities
- Include personal details – if you want a direct response, please email your comment to the editor
Comments that are posted are those of the writer and do not represent the official views of Positive Life NSW.
If you find a comment offensive, please report it to: firstname.lastname@example.org