We have a diverse group of HIV positive male, female and transgender speakers who represent the spectrum of the HIV community.
They have a range of diverse ages and backgrounds from different cultures, sexualities, cultural and linguistic diverse (CALD) backgrounds, and more.
All of our speakers have been trained in presentation skills and are regularly reviewed based on feedback to ensure continuous quality improvement.
If you are thinking about using the Positive Speakers' Bureau:
- Our speakers are trained to present their personal stories in a way that puts groups at ease and encourages interactive learning.
- Our speakers make it easier for you to educate your group about a challenging subject and many people have thanked us for helping them with a subject that can be difficult to teach.
- Our presenters represent the human face of HIV, making it very real for your group; it is not a lecture or a video, but a real person with whom they can interact.
- Our speakers can tailor the presentation for the age group, subject and focus of your audience.
- Our presentations often highlight what people don't know and encourages further learning.