- About us
- Health information
- Peer support
- HIV services
- Positive speakers
- Research & Evaluation
The Positive Speakers' Bureau has been active with professional and community groups, as well as schools and universities.
Professional and community groups
HIV Prescribers Project, Montana Wines Ltd., Nova Employment Services, South Western Sydney Area Health Service, Lidcombe Probus Club, Dural Rotary Club, Miller Dept. of Housing, Family Planning Assoc.of NSW, Dept. of Corrective Services, Assoc. of Self Help Organisations & Groups, Albion Street Centre, School of Community Medicine, UNSW Biological Sciences, Dramac Theatre Group, Merck Sharp & Dohme, Roche Pharmaceutical.
- One of the highlights was having the presenters personal stories. (Health educator)
- It was generous of you to share your own opinions in what could be a difficult lecture to deliver.
- He has completely changed my way of thinking about HIV/AIDS. (Nursing educator)
- Thank you very much for the opportunity to meet & share in the life of a courageous man.
- I didn't realise how little I knew about this. (Probus Club)
- Wonderful to hear a non-textbook account. (Employment agency)
- You were moving, provoking and informative!
- Everyone appreciated how honest, candid and open you were. (Health educator)
- We were impressed by [the speaker's] professionalism.
Newtown School of the Performing Arts, Strathfield Girls High School, East Hills Boys High School, Fort Street High School, Erskine Park High School, Killara High School, All Saints Catholic Senior College, Sydney Boys and Sydney Girls High Schools, Ingleburn High School, Homebush Boys High School, Windsor High School, Kingswood High School, Mosman High School, Hornsby Girls High School, Queenswood School for Girls, University Of NSW, University of Sydney, University of Western Sydney, Nirimba TAFE, Randwick TAFE, Miller TAFE.
- The speaker pitched at the right level for our group, making it clear and easy to understand.
- Over the past few days I have had many students report to me how important and relevant they thought the topic was.
- This is extremely difficult for staff to tackle, especially with teenagers.
- Students were still talking about the issues and speakers for days after.
- Your use of humour helped diffuse any potential discomfort for the students.
- Students were engrossed.
- The kids were really interested. It showed me how little they actually know. I will now evaluate our programs to ensure they catch up.
- Everyone appreciated how honest, candid and open you were...I haven't heard such positive feedback from students in a long time.